Oral health is integral to overall health
You’re not healthy without a healthy mouth. Oral health is essential to general health and wellbeing. Infections in the mouth can impact chronic conditions like diabetes, pregnancy, heart health, stroke and can lower a body’s resistance to infection.
Oral Health Watch supports smart investments that expand dental care access like the Apple Health dental program, proven-effective strategies like community water fluoridation, and innovative approaches that help reduce oral health disparities like the Access to Baby and Child Dentistry program. We strive toward health equity and a future where everyone can enjoy the benefits of good oral health regardless of income level, geography, race or ethnicity.
Oral Health Watch supports policies and programs that advance health equity, reduce health disparities and recognize the essential role oral health plays in overall health.
- We urge lawmakers to deepen investments in Apple Health children’s dental.
- We champion proven-effective, cost-effective efforts that prevent cavities and oral disease like community water fluoridation.
- We continue to advocate for the sustained support of innovative practices like the Access to Baby and Child Dentistry program, which connects children with Apple Health coverage with oral health care providers in their community and supports dentists participating in the Apple Health dental program, and the Oral Health Connections pilot, which shows promise in expanding dental care access for adults facing the greatest need.
- We ask for federal health policy to reflect the reality that access to oral health is essential for older adults and include dental coverage in Medicare.
- We support efforts to build a more representative oral health workforce to meet current needs and to prepare for increased demand as the state’s population grows and ages.
Click here to tell legislators that you support smart investments in oral health care.
If you or a family member is in need of dental care, click here.