Share Your Story!
Do you have diabetes and Apple Health (Medicaid/DSHS) health coverage?
Or, are you pregnant or a new mom with Apple Health?
Have you had oral health problems or difficulty accessing dental care?
If so, contact us and share your story. Your experiences can help improve access for others. There are many ways you can get involved: share your story in writing, on video, or in person.
Contact Your Legislators
Urge them to improve access to dental care for people with diabetes and pregnant women.
- Call the legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000
- Email your legislators
- Find us on Twitter @OralHealthWatch and help us deliver the message: Oral health is an essential part of overall health.
- Prevention and early treatment of dental disease is a smart investment. Poor oral health can lead to other serious, more costly health issues.
- For people with diabetes, dental disease can make it more difficult to control blood sugar, which can lead to serious complications, like blindness, amputation, and kidney disease.
- Improving access to dental care for people with diabetes can help them stay out of the hospital.
- Dental infections can lead to pregnancy complications.
- Once a baby is born, if mom’s decay hasn’t been treated, her baby is at risk. Bacteria that cause tooth decay are often passed from moms to babies.
- Improving access to dental care for pregnant women promotes healthier pregnancies and leads to better oral health for children.
- Support enhancements in the Apple Health budget to improve access to dental care for people with diabetes and pregnant women.